AuthoritySpoke: Legal Rules as Data¶
Release v. 0.4.0.
AuthoritySpoke is the first open source legal authority automation tool.
AuthoritySpoke is available as a Python package from the Python Package Index, so you can install it from the command line with pip:
$ pip install AuthoritySpoke
AuthoritySpoke runs on Python versions 3.7 and up.
To access these guides in an interactive Jupyter Notebook, you can download the AuthoritySpoke git repository, or navigate to the “notebooks” folder of the repository using Binder.
- An Introduction to AuthoritySpoke
- 0. Getting Example Data
- 1. Importing the Package
- 2. Downloading and Importing Decisions
- 3. Downloading Enactments
- 4. Importing and Exporting Legal Holdings
- 5. Linking Holdings to Opinions
- 6. Viewing an Opinion’s Holdings
- 7. Generic Factors
- 8. Enactment Objects and Implication
- 9. Checking for Contradictions
- 10. Adding Holdings to One Another
- 11. Set Operations with Holdings
- Creating Holding Data for AuthoritySpoke
- Example Holdings
- Legislative Rule Models with AuthoritySpoke